Majority of us are not able to find enough time to get everything done. We go to work, school, parties and at night after long day activities we retire to bed and keeping fit is always the last thing we think about.
This pattern continues for some time and later becomes a habit which results to kicking fitness out of our lives. There is a notion among people that taking exercises to keep the body fit is time consuming, but hey its not. I here strongly challenge this notion.
Here are tips to help you be able to stay fit despite a busy schedule :
• Set some days in week when you are not so occupied and dedicate it to fitness exercises in the gym. Make sure you have a diary of what time of year day you will going for exercise and what exercises you will be doing.
• Choose the exercises that you feel uplift and work perfect for you. This will help you put more effort into it
• Commit to your workout routine – There will always activities that demand your attention. View fitness as an important thing that needs your attention too and make sure you commit to your schedule. Stick to it and add it to your priorities list.
• Monitor your progress – Track your progress and note down your highs and lows in your fitness journey. This will help you identify the areas you need to improve on.
In case you are not able to find time to go to the gym. There are some quick work out exercises that I believe you can integrate in your schedule at home. They are:
You do not start running when you discover you have the passion for athletics, running is a very easy and effective method of keeping fit. Running can be a very good way to start the day as it refreshes the body and mind which helps one kick start the day. It doesn’t take much time as you can do it for 30 minutes in the morning before going for work.
You can dedicate 3-5 days in a week and include that in your workout plan. There is no much of learning needed on this exercise so it can work for anyone. You can run at any time of the day though I think the morning is the best time to do it.
Benefits of running
• Running helps to relieve stress- Running is a great way to combat the stress and fatigue that is usually experienced in a busy schedule.
• Running helps to strengthen the bones and joints – Running has a huge impact on the strength of bones and joints. Other exercises like swimming and walking do not help much in building the bones as running does.
• Running helps in meditation- As you run, you are able to take time out of your stressful life activities and you are able to think and get some solutions to some problems you are facing .
• Running keeps the body warm- Running is a good way to fight the chilly weather and keep the body warm.
• Running burns calories- Running uses a lot of energy in the body which is stored in form of calories hence the more you run the more you burn the calories.
This is one of the simplest and less stressful ways to keep fit as walking is something we are all used to. Though walking is not enough to stay fit, when done in the right way, it can bring out amazing results. If your workplace is near your home, you can commute as a way of staying fit.
Benefits of walking
• Helps manage some health complications like high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, type-2 diabetes, heart disease and some other cancers.
• Improves body balance and coordination.
• Helps one maintain a healthy diet.
This is the exercise that has stood the test of time as it has lasted for more than a millennium. Yoga provides a workout for both the body and mind. The best part of this exercise is that can be done in the outdoors or indoors. When doing it indoors all you will need is space, a yoga mat and maybe a trainer if you are not very conversant with the exercise. Yoga helps to improve parts of the body from the muscles, knees, arms, legs, arms and back.
Benefits of doing Yoga
• Helps to manage certain health conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease.
• Helps in toning muscles and burning calories.
I am one of those people who are so concerned about the size of their arms. Though am never consistent on this exercise, I tend to get to do it whenever I feel like my arms have grown bigger.
Benefits of doing push-ups
• Stretches the muscles making the heart to work more in order to pump blood faster. This increases the body metabolic rate which helps in weight loss.
• Prevents the risk of suffering from cardiovascular diseases.
This exercise is mostly preferred by ladies as it works great for your butt and legs giving you the perfect body you desire. Squats are greatly known for stretching and strengthening muscles in various parts of the lower body and other few parts of the upper body. This however depends on the type of squat exercise you choose.
Benefits of doing Squats
• Improves blood circulation.
• Helps attain a better body posture.
• Enhances strong bones and joints.
6) Jumping jacks
This is a fun exercise that increases your mood and enhances muscles stretch. This can be done at home and it helps much in reducing anxiety and stress. This exercise warms the body and it works great when done in the morning before embarking on the day’s activities.
Benefits of jumping jacks
• Enhances body flexibility – The jumping up and down help improve your body flexibility especially if your work involves sitting in the office.
• Relieving stress – Jumping jacks is a good stress reliever. When you are jumping and moving your hands, your body releases the serotonin and adrenaline hormones. The combination of these two hormones are in charge of making you happy and reducing the stress levels.
• Warms up the body – If you are doing a series of workout exercises, this is a great way to start as it helps the body muscles to relax. When you spend approximately 20 minutes on it, you will be ready to start the next exercise.
Do you have some other tips and exercise you think can work? Feel free to let me know in the comment section below.